##uuu: 12th UUU IRC Meeting

Meeting started by delcypher at 20:07:45 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. delcypher is Dan Liew (Secretary) (delcypher, 20:08:00)
    2. arfoll is Brendan Le Foll (Trials rep) (delcypher, 20:08:17)
    3. joe_treasurer is Joe Baxter (joe_treasurer, 20:08:23)
    4. kris is Kris Abraham (Chairperson) (delcypher, 20:08:29)
    5. joe_treasurer is Joe Baxter (treasurer and muni rep) (joe_treasurer, 20:09:13)
    6. abbythesmall is Abby Williams who recently volunteered to help the UUU (delcypher, 20:09:18)

  1. Bank account status (delcypher, 20:09:26)
    1. This finally sorted. Joe, Kris and Dan have online access. (delcypher, 20:09:44)
    2. ACTION: joe_treasurer will look into enabling telephone banking. This is mainly for sorting out broken logins (delcypher, 20:15:06)

  2. Website stuff (delcypher, 20:15:16)
    1. Gavin MacGregor has resigned of UUU website, after quite a few years of service. (delcypher, 20:15:54)
    2. delcypher is the temporary webmaster, although he still needs to sort out access. (delcypher, 20:16:13)
    3. ACTION: delcypher will discuss proposal to change UUU website (use statically generated HTML via Jekyll hosted on GitHub) (delcypher, 20:19:26)

  3. Street Rep (Jason Auld) has resigned (delcypher, 20:21:09)
    1. Jason recently emailed the committee members to announcing his resignation, citing his lack of contributions (delcypher, 20:22:05)

  4. The State of the UUU. Where are we going? (delcypher, 20:23:48)
    1. Until very recently the UUU was pretty much dead. We hardly post on facebook/twitter about events, none of us attended Unicon and the plan BUC fell flat due our own inaction (delcypher, 20:24:33)
    2. We need to evaluate what the UUU's role actually is. Possibly smaller goals? (delcypher, 20:25:22)

  5. BUC2015, maybe hold at BJC? (delcypher, 20:34:45)
    1. ACTION: kris will contact the BJC committee to find out what options are available for holding unicycle competitions at BJC (delcypher, 20:37:17)
    2. ACTION: kris will compile a list of questions to ask the BJC team in the following doc https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/document/d/1VkNTHLnLQP0UQVavPqaZ7S6PgMuwEdd4S2JFAj98seI/edit (delcypher, 20:44:24)

  6. Abby Williams recently got in touch offering to help out the UUU (delcypher, 20:46:07)
    1. ACTION: For now abbythesmall will join the UUU meetings and will let us know if anything we need doing sounds interesting to her (delcypher, 20:58:30)

  7. Vote to remove slect discipline reps (muni, trials, street, road, flatland, freestyle) if they aren't effective (delcypher, 20:58:57)
    1. We have a problem. We have quite a few discipline reps (we even have two road reps) but a few don't really contribute much and delay setting up meetings because they never reply to the doodle polls (delcypher, 20:59:42)
    2. VOTE: Voted on "Should all discipline reps be made just "committee" members?" Results are, yes: 5 (delcypher, 21:22:50)
    3. ACTION: discipline rep roles will be made into "committee members" (delcypher, 21:23:28)


Meeting ended at 21:28:06 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. joe_treasurer will look into enabling telephone banking. This is mainly for sorting out broken logins
  2. delcypher will discuss proposal to change UUU website (use statically generated HTML via Jekyll hosted on GitHub)
  3. kris will contact the BJC committee to find out what options are available for holding unicycle competitions at BJC
  4. kris will compile a list of questions to ask the BJC team in the following doc https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/document/d/1VkNTHLnLQP0UQVavPqaZ7S6PgMuwEdd4S2JFAj98seI/edit
  5. For now abbythesmall will join the UUU meetings and will let us know if anything we need doing sounds interesting to her
  6. discipline rep roles will be made into "committee members"


Action items, by person

  1. abbythesmall
    1. For now abbythesmall will join the UUU meetings and will let us know if anything we need doing sounds interesting to her
  2. delcypher
    1. delcypher will discuss proposal to change UUU website (use statically generated HTML via Jekyll hosted on GitHub)
  3. joe_treasurer
    1. joe_treasurer will look into enabling telephone banking. This is mainly for sorting out broken logins
  4. kris
    1. kris will contact the BJC committee to find out what options are available for holding unicycle competitions at BJC
    2. kris will compile a list of questions to ask the BJC team in the following doc https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/document/d/1VkNTHLnLQP0UQVavPqaZ7S6PgMuwEdd4S2JFAj98seI/edit


People present (lines said)

  1. delcypher (84)
  2. arfoll (59)
  3. kris (46)
  4. joe_treasurer (36)
  5. abbythesmall (22)
  6. izqit (7)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.