##uuu: Seventh IRC UUU meeting. BUC2013

Meeting started by delcypher at 18:29:37 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. trials/street course design (delcypher, 18:29:54)
    1. ACTION: Discuss later (delcypher, 18:31:32)

  2. Hockey relocation (delcypher, 18:31:41)
    1. Just incase people here aren't aware. Hockey for BUC is being relocated to the NFS building because we haven't had enough hockey people sign-up. (delcypher, 18:32:20)
    2. ACTION: chairperson will contact CAVC and inform them we no longer wish to hire the hall. (delcypher, 18:34:03)
    3. There's a draft e-mail in the works that informs convention goers of various things. https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/document/d/1qVX3ZtqH2pT1V3DHSD12oO_90RUGnMBofMr11V59_xk/edit?usp=drive_web (delcypher, 18:35:32)

  3. Trials/Street course. Materials and design. (delcypher, 18:39:56)
    1. arfoll has prepared a list of materials and a rough design for the trials course. (delcypher, 18:40:34)
    2. ACTION: arfoll will nag jason to give proper details of required street course (delcypher, 18:47:35)
    3. ACTION: delcypher will send the trials list to Clare from NoFitState tonight. (delcypher, 18:50:23)
    4. ACTION: SimonBerry and Jason will work out what materials are needed for the street course a.s.a.p (delcypher, 19:00:50)
    5. ACTION: Trials course will share some parts of street course. (delcypher, 19:06:03)

  4. Workshop and hockey scheduling. (delcypher, 19:10:41)
    1. Now that hockey is going to be at NFS on saturday we need to work out how to schedule this along with the workshops and a "muck around" space. (delcypher, 19:11:14)
    2. Hockey will be run from 10-3 in parallel with workshops (delcypher, 19:17:31)
    3. Downstairs hall will be used for workshops/sillygames/muck-around space on Saturday (delcypher, 19:17:57)

  5. Video competition (delcypher, 19:18:42)
    1. There is going to be a video competition which we need to announce a.s.ap. Is everyone okay with the rules. They can be found in https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/document/d/1qVX3ZtqH2pT1V3DHSD12oO_90RUGnMBofMr11V59_xk/edit (delcypher, 19:19:20)
    2. ACTION: delcypher will send out emails/facebook/twitter info about video comp (delcypher, 19:20:10)

  6. Day tickets (delcypher, 19:21:44)
    1. We will be selling day tickets (£25) for non-competitors to attend for one day. (delcypher, 19:22:12)

  7. Mock up t-shirt designs for organisers (delcypher, 19:22:38)
    1. A quick mockup for organiser t-shirt design has been made. Thoughts? (delcypher, 19:23:07)
    2. https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/file/d/0B2RZnOajrg2DTmU3eG9kQ1JGc1U/edit?usp=sharing (delcypher, 19:26:53)
    3. ACTION: chairperson will look into how much it will cost to produce 20-30 t-shirts (possibly different colours: one for organisers and another of people to buy). Purchasing will be delayed until we know more about trials/street course as we may need money for that. (delcypher, 19:39:41)

  8. Printed information (first aid, food, water points, map..etc.) leaflets/timetables for attendees. (delcypher, 19:39:51)
    1. ACTION: delcypher will design leaflets to give to attendes with info on (delcypher, 19:41:08)
    2. ACTION: chairperson will print them (delcypher, 19:41:14)

  9. PA (delcypher, 19:44:25)
    1. ACTION: delcypher will Contact Clare from NFS about revised plan for PA. (delcypher, 19:46:26)

  10. Judges need for Street, flatland and freestyle (delcypher, 19:46:46)
  11. Certificates for competition winners? Trophies yes/no? Award during show? (delcypher, 19:51:00)
    1. certificates will be awarded during show (delcypher, 19:51:49)

  12. Hockey mini-tournament (delcypher, 19:54:16)
    1. The hockey mini-tournament is not regarded as a competition so non-competitiors may take part. (delcypher, 19:56:33)

  13. How are we going to go about splitting tasks between ourselves and volunteers so we know who should be where and when. (delcypher, 19:56:41)
    1. ACTION: delcypher will try to fix the schedule, then workout what tasks need doing and then workout where each committee member/NFS staff will be during the day. Finally we can then contact the people who volunteered and see if they'd be interested in doing any of the remaining tasks. (delcypher, 20:01:44)


Meeting ended at 20:01:55 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Discuss later
  2. chairperson will contact CAVC and inform them we no longer wish to hire the hall.
  3. arfoll will nag jason to give proper details of required street course
  4. delcypher will send the trials list to Clare from NoFitState tonight.
  5. SimonBerry and Jason will work out what materials are needed for the street course a.s.a.p
  6. Trials course will share some parts of street course.
  7. delcypher will send out emails/facebook/twitter info about video comp
  8. chairperson will look into how much it will cost to produce 20-30 t-shirts (possibly different colours: one for organisers and another of people to buy). Purchasing will be delayed until we know more about trials/street course as we may need money for that.
  9. delcypher will design leaflets to give to attendes with info on
  10. chairperson will print them
  11. delcypher will Contact Clare from NFS about revised plan for PA.
  12. delcypher will try to fix the schedule, then workout what tasks need doing and then workout where each committee member/NFS staff will be during the day. Finally we can then contact the people who volunteered and see if they'd be interested in doing any of the remaining tasks.


Action items, by person

  1. arfoll
    1. arfoll will nag jason to give proper details of required street course
  2. chairperson
    1. chairperson will contact CAVC and inform them we no longer wish to hire the hall.
    2. chairperson will look into how much it will cost to produce 20-30 t-shirts (possibly different colours: one for organisers and another of people to buy). Purchasing will be delayed until we know more about trials/street course as we may need money for that.
    3. chairperson will print them
  3. delcypher
    1. delcypher will send the trials list to Clare from NoFitState tonight.
    2. delcypher will send out emails/facebook/twitter info about video comp
    3. delcypher will design leaflets to give to attendes with info on
    4. delcypher will Contact Clare from NFS about revised plan for PA.
    5. delcypher will try to fix the schedule, then workout what tasks need doing and then workout where each committee member/NFS staff will be during the day. Finally we can then contact the people who volunteered and see if they'd be interested in doing any of the remaining tasks.
  4. SimonBerry
    1. SimonBerry and Jason will work out what materials are needed for the street course a.s.a.p
  5. UNASSIGNED
    1. Discuss later
    2. Trials course will share some parts of street course.


People present (lines said)

  1. delcypher (143)
  2. arfoll (90)
  3. chairperson (45)
  4. SimonBerry (18)
  5. izqit (8)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.