##uuu: Fifth IRC Meeting

Meeting started by delcypher at 20:10:40 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. delcypher is Dan Liew - Secretary (delcypher, 20:10:55)
    2. arfoll is Brendan Le Foll - Trials Rep (arfoll, 20:11:16)
    3. joe____ is Joe Baxter - Treasurer/ Muni rep (delcypher, 20:11:41)
    4. krischairperson is Kris Abraham (krischairperson, 20:11:41)
    5. SimonBerryFlatland is Simon Berry, Flatland Rep (SimonBerryFlatla, 20:12:00)

  1. Road representative (delcypher, 20:12:09)
    1. As agreed last time we decided to reach out to the unicycle committee to ask someone to stand for road representative. We have two candidates, Andrew Lenden & James Sandercock. Thanks for coming along guys. (delcypher, 20:13:27)
    2. VOTE: Voted on "Should Andrew Lenden and James Sandercock share the roll?" Results are, yes: 3, abstain: 2, no: 2 (delcypher, 20:22:53)
    3. ACTION: AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ will share the road rep role (delcypher, 20:25:19)
    4. ACTION: delcypher will contact AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ about UUU e-mail login after the meeting. (delcypher, 20:27:43)

  2. BUC: Make contact with Emer from No Fit State (delcypher, 20:28:00)
    1. ACTION:Krischairperson will get in contact with Emer (who starts next week)

  3. Progress report gaining control of UUU bank account (delcypher, 20:30:12)
    1. krischairperson has finally been contacted (after HSBC cock-up). He will sign tomorrow and then get the paperwork passed on to delcypher. (delcypher, 20:31:55)
    2. Sarah Miller will also need to be contacted by HSBC regarding transfer. (delcypher, 20:33:59)

  4. Putting together a fund for BUC (delcypher, 20:34:07)
    1. delcypher e-mailed the committee members asking for £50 to put into a temporary bank account (whilst the main one is being sorted) to pay for sport hall hire and other BUC things (delcypher, 20:34:40)
    2. So far delcypher and krischairperson have paid putting the pot at £100 (delcypher, 20:34:57)
    3. arfoll has paid putting the pot at £150 (delcypher, 20:37:44)
    4. ACTION: joe____ how much money is 'not much' and is there any spare avaialble from JUST (arfoll, 20:55:12)
    5. There is a £175 shortfall for hall hire (including payment from James). arfoll delcypher joe____ samgoodburn have said they are happy to pay for the shortfall provided they are paid back (delcypher, 20:55:55)
    6. Jasonissostreet and SimonBerryFlatla are not sure if they can pay for BUC right now (delcypher, 20:56:13)
    7. ACTION: joe____ will speak to Sarah Miller/JUST asking if there is any money left over from previous BUCs (delcypher, 20:56:31)

  5. sports hall for hockey (delcypher, 20:56:49)
    1. CAVC will need hall paid for in full (will not take deposit) (delcypher, 21:03:00)

  6. sportshall for freestyle (delcypher, 21:03:16)
    1. Probably not enough freestyle riders to justify hiring a seperate hall. We will probably have to make do with NFS's hall and have a combined show/ freestyle compeition. (delcypher, 21:05:55)
    2. AGREED: (arfoll, 21:06:14)

  7. BUC: special guest (delcypher, 21:06:29)
    1. ACTION: krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event (arfoll, 21:11:57)

  8. Should freestyle be cancelled if there is not enough registered participants by a certain date (delcypher, 21:13:10)
    1. Freestyle will go ahead as part of a combined show. If numbers are low several committee members are willing to participate (delcypher, 21:16:28)

  9. What traders should we have at BUC? Should we charge them? If so how much? (delcypher, 21:16:50)
    1. ACTION: krischairperson will invite 3 vendors and see what their response is (arfoll, 21:23:22)
    2. likely vendors will be UDC, Oddballs and Butterfingers (delcypher, 21:23:42)
    3. ACTION: krischairperson will contact vendors asking if they would be willing to contribute prizes (also ask about a banner for trials course) (delcypher, 21:26:09)
    4. ACTION: Vendors will charged competitor rate per person at stall (delcypher, 21:28:21)

  10. Competitive event organisation (delcypher, 21:28:36)
    1. freestyle, flatland, hockey, street and trials need organising (delcypher, 21:29:07)
    2. ACTION: krischairperson will organise hockey (in collaboration with players) (delcypher, 21:33:47)
    3. ACTION: Jasonissostreet will organise street comp (delcypher, 21:33:57)
    4. ACTION: SimonBerryFlatla will organise flatland (delcypher, 21:34:14)
    5. ACTION: arfoll and delcypher will organise trials (delcypher, 21:35:35)
    6. freestyle organisation is uncertain at the moment but arfoll has offered to help (delcypher, 21:37:01)


Meeting ended at 21:38:31 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ will share the road rep role
  2. delcypher will contact AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ about UUU e-mail login after the meeting.
  3. krischairperson will get in contact with Emer (who starts next week)
  4. joe____ how much money is 'not much' and is there any spare avaialble from JUST
  5. joe____ will speak to Sarah Miller/JUST asking if there is any money left over from previous BUCs
  6. krischairperson will find out if CAVC will need hall paid for in full or if they only need a deposit.
  7. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
  8. krischairperson will invite 3 vendors and see what their response is
  9. krischairperson will contact vendors asking if they would be willing to contribute prizes (also ask about a banner for trials course)
  10. Vendors will charged competitor rate per person at stall
  11. krischairperson will organise hockey (in collaboration with players)
  12. Jasonissostreet will organise street comp
  13. SimonBerryFlatla will organise flatland
  14. arfoll and delcypher will organise trials


Action items, by person

  1. AndrewLenden_
    1. AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ will share the road rep role
    2. delcypher will contact AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ about UUU e-mail login after the meeting.
    3. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
  2. arfoll
    1. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
    2. arfoll and delcypher will organise trials
  3. delcypher
    1. delcypher will contact AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ about UUU e-mail login after the meeting.
    2. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
    3. arfoll and delcypher will organise trials
  4. Jam__
    1. AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ will share the road rep role
    2. delcypher will contact AndrewLenden_ & Jam__ about UUU e-mail login after the meeting.
    3. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
  5. Jasonissostreet
    1. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
    2. Jasonissostreet will organise street comp
  6. joe____
    1. joe____ how much money is 'not much' and is there any spare avaialble from JUST
    2. joe____ will speak to Sarah Miller/JUST asking if there is any money left over from previous BUCs
  7. krischairperson
    1. krischairperson will contact vendors asking if they would be
    2. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
    3. krischairperson will invite 3 vendors and see what their response is
    4. krischairperson will contact vendors asking if they would be willing to contribute prizes (also ask about a banner for trials course)
    5. krischairperson will organise hockey (in collaboration with players)
  8. SimonBerryFlatla
    1. krischairperson delcypher AndrewLenden_ arfoll Jasonissostreet SimonBerryFlatla Jam__ invite as many foreign riders as possible, by talking about it and welcoming them to the event
    2. SimonBerryFlatla will organise flatland
  9. UNASSIGNED
    1. Vendors will charged competitor rate per person at stall


People present (lines said)

  1. delcypher (134)
  2. arfoll (95)
  3. krischairperson (69)
  4. joe____ (41)
  5. samgoodburn (39)
  6. SimonBerryFlatla (23)
  7. izqit (22)
  8. Jasonissostreet (14)
  9. CJCrates (10)
  10. Jam__ (8)
  11. AndrewLenden_ (5)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.