##uuu Meeting

Meeting started by delcypher at 19:14:24 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. note present members (delcypher, 19:14:35)
    1. delcypher is Dan Liew - Secretary (delcypher, 19:14:44)
    2. arfoll is Brendan Le Foll - Trials (arfoll, 19:15:04)
    3. ChairmanKris is Kris Abraham (ChairmanKris, 19:15:15)
    4. BigSexyJasonAuld is Big Sexy Jason Auld - Street Rep (BigSexyJasonAuld, 19:15:38)
    5. SamGoodburn is Sam Goodburn - Freestyle Rep (SamGoodburn, 19:15:52)
    6. SimonBerry is Simon Berry, boy who rides flatland. I also have to leave at 19:45, unless i get this working on my phone (SimonBerry, 19:16:33)
    7. joe_____ is Joe Baxter - Treasurer (joe____, 19:16:55)

  2. Should the doodle poll be made simpler? (delcypher, 19:17:56)
    1. The doodle poll often has > 60 options which takes a long to fill in. Should I just switch to asking people for their availibility at weekends? (delcypher, 19:18:34)
    2. ACTION: delcypher will do future doodle polls for friday (evening) + saturday and Sunday evenings. (delcypher, 19:20:53)

  3. Progress report for temporary content for website from arfoll SimonBerry joe____ BigSexyJasonAuld (delcypher, 19:21:38)
    1. Discipline reps (hockey, flatland, freestyle, muni, trials, street) agreed to do temporary content for website. (delcypher, 19:22:51)
    2. AGREED: (delcypher, 19:26:45)
    3. ACTION: SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit. (delcypher, 19:34:49)

  4. Website improvements (delcypher, 19:35:05)
    1. Gavin is not present but he has informed us that little progress has been made due to forum spamming which needed to be delt with. (delcypher, 19:35:31)
    2. At the request of delcypher and ChairmanKris Twitter & Facebook links have been added to the site. (delcypher, 19:35:52)

  5. progress on IUF role (delcypher, 19:36:04)
    1. Alan isn't present but has informed me that the IUF have not got back to him. (delcypher, 19:36:19)
    2. delcypher also tried contacting the IUF with no success. (delcypher, 19:36:34)

  6. Progress report gathering results from previous unicycle events (delcypher, 19:36:56)
    1. delcypher has gathered trials, street and freestyle results from various sources which are now available online. (delcypher, 19:37:35)
    2. discpline reps arfoll BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn have been given write access to their disciplines results (delcypher, 19:38:06)
    3. Results can now be found in the links in this forum post http://www.unicycle.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=828#p7771 (delcypher, 19:39:42)
    4. ACTION: SamGoodburn will ask Lucas Wintercrane & Trevor ??? if they know some of the missing freestyle results. (delcypher, 19:40:16)
    5. Trevor ??? is Trevor Schofield (delcypher, 19:41:06)
    6. ACTION: arfoll BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn will be responsible for their results from now on. (delcypher, 19:44:19)

  7. Progress report gaining control of UUU bank account (delcypher, 19:45:06)
    1. delcypher has started examining the membership database and has discovered we has 19 members currently and there are some financial discrepancies that need resolving. (delcypher, 19:46:52)
    2. ACTION: joe____ will open a new bank account for the UUU and have money from old UUU account transferred over due to long time it would take to hand over ownership of the old UUU bank account (delcypher, 20:05:37)
    3. ACTION: joe____ will look in to the financial descrepancies visible in the UUU membership database. (delcypher, 20:07:31)
    4. ACTION: joe____ will e-mail monthly statements to committee members to show our current financial state. (delcypher, 20:10:32)

  8. Registering the UUU as something (delcypher, 20:10:40)
    1. delcypher looked into what we could register the UUU as something (delcypher, 20:11:13)
    2. presently it looks like it would be best if we became an "unincorporated charity with an income < £5000" (delcypher, 20:11:38)
    3. We would not need to register with the Charity commission but we can register with HMRC to get tax benefits. (delcypher, 20:12:19)
    4. I believe this would let us have discounted paypal as well. (delcypher, 20:12:39)
    5. Information about tax benefits for charities can be found at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/tax/ (delcypher, 20:13:20)
    6. Becomming a charity requires us to have a proper constitution. If everyone agrees I'll start writing a draft based on a template. (delcypher, 20:19:02)
    7. ACTION: delcypher and joe____ will look into making the UUU an unincorporated charity (delcypher, 20:20:28)
    8. ACTION: delcypher will write a draft constitution for the UUU which is necessary for us to be a charity. (delcypher, 20:20:50)
    9. Report on finding a host for the next BUC (delcypher, 20:24:38)
    10. delcypher contacted JUST asking if they would like to host. They declined. (delcypher, 20:24:58)
    11. delcypher contacted Steve Grainger (as suggested by Barry Gates) and heard nothing back. (delcypher, 20:25:18)
    12. delcypher also posted to the UUU forums asking for hosts. There has been one positive responce from "No Fit State" (delcypher, 20:25:51)
    13. ChairmanKris has been doing some good work communicating with Lynn from "No fit state" recently. (delcypher, 20:26:28)
    14. Finer points need to be finalised but Nofitstate are willing to Host BUC 2013 on the last bakholiday in May (24th-27th) a visit is planned to discuss in person the finer points possibly next friday the 14th of december (ChairmanKris, 20:29:21)
    15. AGREED: Street and Trials results from VUC (2011) and Voodoo Street & Trials league (2012) will be considered official as there was no BUC in those years. Next year assuming BUC takes place Vooodoo organised competitions will be seperate from BUC (delcypher, 20:40:06)
    16. ACTION: SamGoodburn has been collecting e-mail addresses of people who might be interested in BUC. He will share the list as a google docs spreadsheet with the rest of the committee. (delcypher, 20:48:09)
    17. ACTION: joe____ will speak to Roger from unicycle.com and ask him if he'd be interested in helping us promote BUC via flyers in orders and possibility on the website. (delcypher, 20:48:37)
    18. ACTION: ChairmanKris will add the e-mail addresses he has to the Google Docs spreadsheet. (delcypher, 20:53:15)
    19. ACTION: delcypher arfoll and GK will speak about having a mailing list (delcypher, 20:54:16)

  9. Level testing (delcypher, 20:54:24)
    1. In the past the UUU organised level testing but we (the new committee) know very little about it. (delcypher, 20:54:53)
    2. We need to find out who the qualified level testers are (delcypher, 20:55:14)
    3. We need find out who has been awarded what level in the past (delcypher, 20:55:36)
    4. We need to get hold of certificate templates too (delcypher, 20:56:16)
    5. we need to find out how to become a qualified tester (delcypher, 20:56:35)
    6. ACTION: SamGoodburn will find out who the qualitifed level testers are (delcypher, 21:05:17)
    7. ACTION: SamGoodburn will find the record of who was awarded what (delcypher, 21:05:36)
    8. ACTION: SamGoodburn will find out what level testing system the UUU was using... and maybe what we should be using instead? (delcypher, 21:06:10)
    9. ACTION: SamGoodburn will try to find level testing certificate templates. (delcypher, 21:06:48)


Meeting ended at 21:08:16 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. delcypher will do future doodle polls for friday (evening) + saturday and Sunday evenings.
  2. SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit.
  3. SamGoodburn will ask Lucas Wintercrane & Trevor ??? if they know some of the missing freestyle results.
  4. arfoll BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn will be responsible for their results from now on.
  5. joe____ will open a new bank account for the UUU and have money from old UUU account transferred over due to long time it would take to hand over ownership of the old UUU bank account
  6. joe____ will look in to the financial descrepancies visible in the UUU membership database.
  7. joe____ will e-mail monthly statements to committee members to show our current financial state.
  8. delcypher and joe____ will look into making the UUU an unincorporated charity
  9. delcypher will write a draft constitution for the UUU which is necessary for us to be a charity.
  10. SamGoodburn has been collecting e-mail addresses of people who might be interested in BUC. He will share the list as a google docs spreadsheet with the rest of the committee.
  11. joe____ will speak to Roger from unicycle.com and ask him if he'd be interested in helping us promote BUC via flyers in orders and possibility on the website.
  12. ChairmanKris will add the e-mail addresses he has to the Google Docs spreadsheet.
  13. delcypher arfoll and GK will speak about having a mailing list
  14. SamGoodburn will find out who the qualitifed level testers are
  15. SamGoodburn will find the record of who was awarded what
  16. SamGoodburn will find out what level testing system the UUU was using... and maybe what we should be using instead?
  17. SamGoodburn will try to find level testing certificate templates.


Action items, by person

  1. arfoll
    1. SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit.
    2. arfoll BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn will be responsible for their results from now on.
    3. delcypher arfoll and GK will speak about having a mailing list
  2. BigSexyJasonAuld
    1. SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit.
    2. arfoll BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn will be responsible for their results from now on.
  3. ChairmanKris
    1. ChairmanKris will add the e-mail addresses he has to the Google Docs spreadsheet.
  4. delcypher
    1. delcypher will do future doodle polls for friday (evening) + saturday and Sunday evenings.
    2. delcypher and joe____ will look into making the UUU an unincorporated charity
    3. delcypher will write a draft constitution for the UUU which is necessary for us to be a charity.
    4. delcypher arfoll and GK will speak about having a mailing list
  5. joe____
    1. SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit.
    2. joe____ will open a new bank account for the UUU and have money from old UUU account transferred over due to long time it would take to hand over ownership of the old UUU bank account
    3. joe____ will look in to the financial descrepancies visible in the UUU membership database.
    4. joe____ will e-mail monthly statements to committee members to show our current financial state.
    5. delcypher and joe____ will look into making the UUU an unincorporated charity
    6. joe____ will speak to Roger from unicycle.com and ask him if he'd be interested in helping us promote BUC via flyers in orders and possibility on the website.
  6. SamGoodburn
    1. SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit.
    2. SamGoodburn will ask Lucas Wintercrane & Trevor ??? if they know some of the missing freestyle results.
    3. arfoll BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn will be responsible for their results from now on.
    4. SamGoodburn has been collecting e-mail addresses of people who might be interested in BUC. He will share the list as a google docs spreadsheet with the rest of the committee.
    5. SamGoodburn will find out who the qualitifed level testers are
    6. SamGoodburn will find the record of who was awarded what
    7. SamGoodburn will find out what level testing system the UUU was using... and maybe what we should be using instead?
    8. SamGoodburn will try to find level testing certificate templates.
  7. SimonBerry
    1. SimonBerry BigSexyJasonAuld SamGoodburn joe____ arfoll and Barry Gates will put their content on google docs for the rest of the committee to see and edit.


People present (lines said)

  1. delcypher (156)
  2. ChairmanKris (70)
  3. arfoll (68)
  4. SamGoodburn (48)
  5. joe____ (48)
  6. BigSexyJasonAuld (21)
  7. SimonBerry (7)
  8. izqit (5)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.