##uuu Meeting

Meeting started by delcypher at 20:20:52 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. delcypher is Dan Liew - Secretary (delcypher, 20:21:18)
    2. gkmac is Gavin MacGregor - Webmaster (gkmac, 20:21:27)
    3. arfoll is Brendan Le Foll - Trials (arfoll, 20:21:27)
    4. SamGoodburn is Sam Goodburn - Freestyle (SamGoodburn, 20:21:49)
    5. Barrygat is Barry Gates - Hockey rep (delcypher, 20:22:14)
    6. joe_____ is Joe Baxter - Treasurer (arfoll, 20:24:23)

  1. Progress report on bank account transfer (delcypher, 20:25:41)
  2. Progress report about how membership fees can be handled online (delcypher, 20:27:05)
    1. not much progress so far. joe_____ will continue to look into this (delcypher, 20:28:44)
    2. Note we should probably not setup paypal account until UUU's legal status is sorted. (delcypher, 20:31:26)

  3. Previous IUF rep (delcypher, 20:31:37)
    1. The IUF reported that Keith Grifis was the former IUF rep. However UUU records say that Johnathan Marshall was rep. (delcypher, 20:35:28)
    2. ACTION: iuf (committee member) will contact the former reps to get the history of what was done. (delcypher, 20:42:26)
    3. ACTION: iuf (committee member) will investigate what the roles of the IUF rep are. (delcypher, 20:42:48)
    4. ACTION: delcypher will inform the IUF that iuf (Alan Hogan) is our new IUF rep. (delcypher, 20:43:03)

  4. Reigstering the UUU as something (delcypher, 20:44:14)
    1. I've started investigating registering the UUU as "something". Currently UK law considers the UUU to be a "unincorporated association" (delcypher, 20:45:18)
    2. It may be desirable in the future to turn the UUU into a "company limited by guarantee" to protect all members (including committee members) from legal action. (delcypher, 20:46:10)
    3. The issue will be discussed in the forums http://www.unicycle.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=999 (delcypher, 20:52:08)

  5. Writing a constitution (delcypher, 20:52:28)
    1. Just a minor note. Whatever course of action we take we will need to write a constitution for the UUU because it doesn't have one. (delcypher, 20:52:57)

  6. Retrieving previous BUC results (delcypher, 20:53:09)
    1. delcypher contacted previous organisers of BUCs. Only heard back from Sarah Miller who said she was currently busy but would get back to me. (delcypher, 20:53:42)
    2. ACTION: delcypher will check unicycle.com to see if BUC records are there (delcypher, 20:57:49)
    3. ACTION: delcypher Will contact the last Previous BUC winners to find out what names are engraved on trophies. (delcypher, 21:00:41)
    4. http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32099&highlight=british+unicycle+results (joe_____, 21:02:31)
    5. joe_____ Found BUC 2004 results at http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32099&highlight=british+unicycle+results (delcypher, 21:03:17)

  7. Progress report on UUU website (delcypher, 21:04:49)
    1. gkmac has started looking at using DokiWiki to replace current UUU website. It is proving to be difficult. (delcypher, 21:12:26)
    2. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prosilver_mobile/ (gkmac, 21:14:42)
    3. UUU website issues will be discussed at another meeting. (delcypher, 21:17:49)

  8. Discipline reps putting stop gap material on the UUU website (delcypher, 21:18:14)
    1. ACTION: SamGoodburn will produce some material to go on the UUU website (delcypher, 21:22:10)
    2. ACTION: Barrygat will produce some hockey material to go on the UUU website (delcypher, 21:22:27)

  9. BUC: Venue (delcypher, 21:23:02)
    1. ACTION: delcypher Will find and contact unicycle groups across the country and ask if they are interested in hosting the next BUC. (delcypher, 21:35:18)
    2. ACTION: delcypher will make a public post on UUU forums asking for hosts for BUC. JUST and Steve Grainger will be contacted personally and asked to reply in forums or contact secretary. (delcypher, 21:40:19)

  10. BUC : When should it be held? (delcypher, 21:40:41)
    1. Easter was suggested, but it was noted that the organisers will have the final say. (delcypher, 21:44:05)
    2. No decision until a host is found. (delcypher, 21:46:28)

  11. BUC: UUU involvement (delcypher, 21:47:19)
    1. AGREED: UUU should advertise via forum (delcypher, 21:50:41)
    2. AGREED: UUU discipline reps should help organise their events (or at least find some to organise it) (delcypher, 21:54:15)
    3. A post on the UUU forum asking for BUC idea has been put up at http://www.unicycle.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=996 (delcypher, 21:59:36)


Meeting ended at 21:59:43 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. iuf (committee member) will contact the former reps to get the history of what was done.
  2. iuf (committee member) will investigate what the roles of the IUF rep are.
  3. delcypher will inform the IUF that iuf (Alan Hogan) is our new IUF rep.
  4. delcypher will check unicycle.com to see if BUC records are there
  5. delcypher Will contact the last Previous BUC winners to find out what names are engraved on trophies.
  6. SamGoodburn will produce some material to go on the UUU website
  7. Barrygat will produce some hockey material to go on the UUU website
  8. delcypher Will find and contact unicycle groups across the country and ask if they are interested in hosting the next BUC.
  9. delcypher will make a public post on UUU forums asking for hosts for BUC. JUST and Steve Grainger will be contacted personally and asked to reply in forums or contact secretary.


Action items, by person

  1. Barrygat
    1. Barrygat will produce some hockey material to go on the UUU website
  2. delcypher
    1. delcypher will inform the IUF that iuf (Alan Hogan) is our new IUF rep.
    2. delcypher will check unicycle.com to see if BUC records are there
    3. delcypher Will contact the last Previous BUC winners to find out what names are engraved on trophies.
    4. delcypher Will find and contact unicycle groups across the country and ask if they are interested in hosting the next BUC.
    5. delcypher will make a public post on UUU forums asking for hosts for BUC. JUST and Steve Grainger will be contacted personally and asked to reply in forums or contact secretary.
  3. iuf
    1. iuf (committee member) will contact the former reps to get the history of what was done.
    2. iuf (committee member) will investigate what the roles of the IUF rep are.
    3. delcypher will inform the IUF that iuf (Alan Hogan) is our new IUF rep.
  4. SamGoodburn
    1. SamGoodburn will produce some material to go on the UUU website


People present (lines said)

  1. delcypher (122)
  2. joe_____ (60)
  3. arfoll (55)
  4. Barrygat (32)
  5. SamGoodburn (25)
  6. iuf (18)
  7. gkmac (16)
  8. izqit (3)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.