##uuu Meeting

Meeting started by delcypher at 19:10:19 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Note which committee members are present (delcypher, 19:10:40)
    1. delcypher is Dan Liew - secretary (delcypher, 19:11:15)
    2. arfoll is Brendan Le Foll - trials (arfoll, 19:11:22)
    3. kris Abraham (Chairman, 19:11:23)
    4. I'm Gavin MacGregor (aka gkmac) the UUU webmaster. (gkmac, 19:11:32)
    5. Jason Auld (aka scotland's sexiest unicyclist) Street rep (Voodoojason, 19:12:02)
    6. Simon Berry - Flatland (Simon____, 19:12:06)
    7. Joe Baxter - Treasurer (Joe_____, 19:12:08)

  2. New rep roles: What do they do? (delcypher, 19:12:42)
    1. New roles (flatland, freestyle, muni, street, trials) have been added and have been filled. (delcypher, 19:13:42)
    2. https://docs.google.com/a/unicycle.org.uk/document/d/1Pbe-pMD9MAb7v64bciqbUYhFfr2slutga2F0tLck_z4/edit# (delcypher, 19:15:25)
    3. jason's memory is poor (arfoll, 19:16:00)
    4. Alan Hogan (IUF rep) just joined to the meeting with nickname iuf (delcypher, 19:18:56)
    5. AGREED: Committee members will check their e-mail at least once every 3 days. (delcypher, 19:19:55)
    6. AGREED: Committee members will check the UUU forum at least every 3 days (it is advised that committee members subscribe to the forum so that they do not need to check manually). (delcypher, 19:24:49)
    7. Voodoojason setup a facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/theunionofukunicyclists (delcypher, 19:25:48)
    8. delcypher setup a twitter acount : @UUUnicyclists (delcypher, 19:26:08)
    9. delcypher currently has control over both facebook and twitter pages/accounts. (delcypher, 19:26:30)
    10. AGREED: Committee members will set an "out of office reply" on their e-mail accounts (delcypher, 19:38:15)

  3. New rep roles: What do they do, how do they promote their discipline? (delcypher, 19:39:33)
    1. AGREED: a role of reps will be to "Help/encourage others to organise rides" (delcypher, 19:50:40)
    2. AGREED: Committee members agree with current descriptions (delcypher, 19:59:34)

  4. communication: is it working okay? (delcypher, 19:59:56)
    1. AGREED: e-mail and forum communication is satisfactory (delcypher, 20:01:27)
    2. AGREED: google docs is fine (delcypher, 20:06:15)

  5. communication: open/closed forum? (delcypher, 20:06:23)
    1. AGREED: The UUU committee forum will be made public but with special permissions. Everyone can read/respond to a thread but only committee members can post new threads. This is not permanent and may be changed if we find it is not suitable. (delcypher, 20:18:29)

  6. handover secretary, treasurer, IUF rep. (delcypher, 20:19:21)
    1. Sarah Miller has stepped down as secretary and has been replace by Dan Liew (delcypher, 20:19:50)
    2. Luke Dutton has stepped down as treasurer and has been replaced by Joe Baxter (delcypher, 20:20:36)
    3. ACTION: Joe_____ will speak to Luke and Sarah regarding the UUU bank account. (delcypher, 20:22:11)
    4. ACTION: Chairman will find out who former IUF was (probably Johnathan Marshall a.k.a rocket) (delcypher, 20:29:54)
    5. ACTION: delcypher will pass on contact details of former committee members. (delcypher, 20:31:25)

  7. state of UUU membership (delcypher, 20:31:33)
    1. the UUU membership database is currently functioning and delcypher currently has access to it. (delcypher, 20:32:06)
    2. current UUU membership database is NOT secure and needs replacing! (delcypher, 20:33:40)
    3. AGREED: A future version of UUU membership database will not store home addresses. (delcypher, 20:34:56)
    4. https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside&countries= (delcypher, 20:37:36)
    5. https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/home-merchant (gossi, 20:40:07)
    6. ACTION: Joe_____ will find out how membership fees can be handled online (paypal or bank transfer) (delcypher, 20:43:58)
    7. ACTION: delcypher will see if the UUU can be registered as a non-profit organisation. (delcypher, 20:46:49)
    8. ACTION: Joe_____ will setup a paypal account (delcypher, 20:48:22)
    9. AGREED: The UUU will continue to accept cheque payments and cash at events. We will investigate doing online payments (e.g. paypall) (delcypher, 20:50:02)

  8. how do we encourage membership (delcypher, 20:50:12)
    1. Encouraging UUU membership, what the UUU does and UUU database will be discussed on another date. (delcypher, 20:52:37)

  9. unfilled hockey role (delcypher, 20:52:50)
    1. Barry Gates has said he is happy to be hockey rep if no one else volunteers. No one else has (I contacted every hockey club I could find). (delcypher, 20:53:28)
    2. ACTION: Chairman will speak to Barry Gates about the seperate of the UK Unicycle hockey league and the UUU (delcypher, 20:55:36)

  10. UUU website (delcypher, 20:55:40)
    1. Information is currently out of data and it is not easily edited by committee members (delcypher, 20:56:07)
    2. ACTION: gkmac will continue to investigate DokuWiki to allow committee members to easily edit UUU website. (delcypher, 21:00:40)
    3. AGREED: Reps will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website. (delcypher, 21:04:25)
    4. ACTION: Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website. (delcypher, 21:04:25)

  11. Old BUC websites do we need to keep them? (delcypher, 21:04:52)
    1. The old BUC websites are still available. (delcypher, 21:05:25)
    2. ACTION: gkmac will keep old BUC sites available. In the future attempt to post old results too if we can find them. (delcypher, 21:10:45)
    3. AGREED: Future BUCs should have results properly recorded (and not lost). (delcypher, 21:11:50)
    4. ACTION: delcypher will contact Sarah Miller to see if any results can be retrieved. (delcypher, 21:12:21)


Meeting ended at 21:15:06 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Joe_____ will speak to Luke and Sarah regarding the UUU bank account.
  2. Chairman will find out who former IUF was (probably Johnathan Marshall a.k.a rocket)
  3. delcypher will pass on contact details of former committee members.
  4. Joe_____ will find out how membership fees can be handled online (paypal or bank transfer)
  5. delcypher will see if the UUU can be registered as a non-profit organisation.
  6. Joe_____ will setup a paypal account
  7. Chairman will speak to Barry Gates about the seperate of the UK Unicycle hockey league and the UUU
  8. gkmac will continue to investigate DokuWiki to allow committee members to easily edit UUU website.
  9. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
  10. gkmac will keep old BUC sites available. In the future attempt to post old results too if we can find them.
  11. delcypher will contact Sarah Miller to see if any results can be retrieved.


Action items, by person

  1. arfoll
    1. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
  2. Be
    1. Joe_____ will find out how membership fees can be handled online (paypal or bank transfer)
    2. delcypher will see if the UUU can be registered as a non-profit organisation.
    3. delcypher will contact Sarah Miller to see if any results can be retrieved.
  3. Chairman
    1. Chairman will find out who former IUF was (probably Johnathan Marshall a.k.a rocket)
    2. Chairman will speak to Barry Gates about the seperate of the UK Unicycle hockey league and the UUU
  4. delcypher
    1. delcypher will pass on contact details of former committee members.
    2. delcypher will see if the UUU can be registered as a non-profit organisation.
    3. delcypher will contact Sarah Miller to see if any results can be retrieved.
  5. FreeStyleRep_not_present
    1. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
  6. gkmac
    1. gkmac will continue to investigate DokuWiki to allow committee members to easily edit UUU website.
    2. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
    3. gkmac will keep old BUC sites available. In the future attempt to post old results too if we can find them.
  7. HockeyRep_not_present
    1. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
  8. iuf
    1. Chairman will find out who former IUF was (probably Johnathan Marshall a.k.a rocket)
  9. Joe_____
    1. Joe_____ will speak to Luke and Sarah regarding the UUU bank account.
    2. Joe_____ will find out how membership fees can be handled online (paypal or bank transfer)
    3. Joe_____ will setup a paypal account
    4. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
  10. Simon____
    1. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.
  11. Voodoojason
    1. Voodoojason , arfoll , Joe_____ , Simon____ , FreeStyleRep_not_present and HockeyRep_not_present will e-mail updated content for their discipline to gkmac so he can update the UUU website.


People present (lines said)

  1. delcypher (156)
  2. Joe_____ (133)
  3. arfoll (127)
  4. Chairman (112)
  5. gkmac (79)
  6. Voodoojason (65)
  7. gossi (21)
  8. Simon____ (17)
  9. iuf (5)
  10. izqit (4)
  11. Mowcius (3)
  12. Eddbmxdude (2)
  13. MIKKKEEEE (1)
  14. EmilyJ (1)
  15. Danifiver (1)
  16. FreeStyleRep_not_present (0)
  17. HockeyRep_not_present (0)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.